Joe Hatzer and Son was named the Streator Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Business of the Month for March 2022.
Joe Hatzer and Son, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business located in Streator. The services offered include excavation, hydraulic crane service, ready-mixed concrete, septic installations, aerobic waste treatment systems, septic and aerobic maintenance system, and portable toilet services.
Their business was founded in 1943 by Joe Hatzer, who started a cabinet shop in his basement. In 1956, he built their present office building and worked as a general contractor building many residential and commercial buildings in Streator and the surrounding area. In 1962, he was joined by his son, Dennis Hatzer, the current president of the company. At this time, the business started doing excavation work along with the general contracting aspect of the business. Eventually the business grew and did only excavation projects and no longer performed as general contracting.
The chamber recognized outstanding local businesses each month.
The Small Business of the Month will be presented to a member business that demonstrates the following traits.
• Staying power: showing a history as an established business in Streator through time and community engagement
• Company growth: showing positive growth trends in revenue and workforce
• Innovation: demonstrating creativity and imagination in business and future planning
• Involvement: being an active civic partner both as an organization and encouraging employees to be engaged citizens
• Response to adversity: facing challenges and overcoming obstacles with integrity, optimism and hard work
• Exceptional customer service: going the extra mile, showing the client they’re appreciated and responding to business requests
Nominations for the award will be collected by the 10th of each month, and the winner will be selected by the chamber’s executive director committee based on information provided in the nomination form. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Winners will be recognized by the chamber through various marketing channels.
Eligible nominees that are not chosen as the winner will have its nomination roll over for an additional two months. If still not selected, the business may be nominated again.
In order to be eligible for the award, the business must be physically located within the Streatorland area / ZIP code, must be a member of the Chamber and in good standing, must have fewer than 50 full-time employees and exhibit commitment to the community by involvement and supporting local activities and service organizations.
Visit www.streatorchamber.com for information or call 815-672-2921. Forms may be picked up at the office at 320 E. Main St.